Dr. Bahador Aalami is professor of orthopedic surgery and serves as chairman and director of orthopedic department in Tehran university of medical sciences .He received his medical degree from Isfahan university .He completed his internship in New York Methodist hospital and his residency in orthopedic surgery in Cooper regional medical center in Camden, New Jersey in 1971 .He came back to Iran and started to work as consultant in Shafa Hospital in 1971. In 1973 he became program director of the first orthopedic residency program in Iran in Shafa Hospital. He started to work as assistant professor in Tehran University of medical sciences in 1978. He became full professors and chairman of orthopedic surgery in 1986. He is the secretary of the Iranian board of orthopedic surgery since 1979.
High school; Sady high school, Isfahan, IranMedical school; Isfahan University
1966-1967 Internship; Methodist Hospital of Brooklyn (major university hospital) New York
Residency in general surgery
1967-68 The Jewish Hospital Medical center of Brooklyn (major university hospital).
1968-1971 Residency in orthopedics: The cooper. Hospital Medical center, CAMDEN, New Jersey. (Major university Hospital)
Basic Science in Orthopedic Surgery
1971 University of Pennsylvania, Philladelphia
1971 Prosthetic and Orthotic courses; New York; University New York
Licenses and Certification
1971 License to practice in IRAN :
1973 Diplomate American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (D. O.A.)
1974 Fellow Iranian Orthopaedic Association
1975 Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (F.A.A.O.S.)
1975 Fellow American college of surgeon. (F.A.C.S.)
1973 (F.L.E.X.) Examination certification1973 License to practice in west Virginia U.S.A.
Awards ands honors
1967 Intern of the year in Methodist hospital of Brooklyn
2002 Author of the best medical book in Iran in year 2002
2001 Award of best medical professor in Kharazmi medical Festival in year 2001
1991 Permanent MEMBER of IRANIAN ACADEMY of MEDICAL SCIENCES.
Appointments in IRAN
1971-1973 Consultant orthopaedic surgeon at SHAFA rehabilitation Hospital. Tehran- Iran
1973-1978 Director orthopaedic Residency program at SHAFA Rehabilitation Hospital
1978-1979 In Tehran university Medical School SHARIATI Hospital Ass. Prof.
1979-1985 Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
1985-present Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Director Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Shariati Hospital.
1987-present Chairman Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Member of the Iranian Examining Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
1979-present Secretary Examining Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
1991-present Permanent MEMBER of IRANIAN ACADEMY of MEDICAL SCIENCES.
- Text book of orthopedic and fractures. (Farsi) 6 editions.
- Physical examinations of the spine and extremities. (Farsi) 3 editions.
- Low back pain (Farsi) 5 editions.
- Congenital anomalies of the spine and extremities in new advances in pediatrics (Farsi) vol.4.1988
- Tuberculosis of Bone and joint in clinical tuberculosis (Farsi) 1994
- Lower extremity orthosis (Farsi) 1995
- In 1977 I have been asked to revise the chapter in poliomyelitis. Of the Campbell’s operative orthopedic. I did , some of my Ideas are mentioned in that book.
- Sever Hypertension following correction of flexion contracturs: J. Bone and joint surgery vol. 56.A No 8 Dec.1974
- Vertebral hemangiomatosis causing paraplegia: journal of paraplegia vol.13 No 3 August 1975
- Congenital bifid Femur: Acta orthopaedica Scandinavica . vol. 47 No 4 August 1976
- How to remove a kuntscher nail with ne eye injury: British Journal of accident surgery. Vol 6 No: 2 February 1976.
- Spondy lolisthesis of the cervical spine: J.Bone and joint surgery vol. 59-B- No 1. February 1979.
- Acute osteomyelitis following a closed fracture: Injury, British Journal of accident surgery: vol.9 No 3 February 1978.
- Gient cell Tumor of vertebra simulating vertebra plana: Acta Medica Iranica vol.23 No. 1; 1981.
- Osteoid Osteoma in children. Iranian pediatric journal vol.5 No.1 March 1974.
- Acute haematogenous osteomyelitis: Iranian pediatric journal: vol.6 No.3 june 1974
- Tuberculosis of the spine in children, Iranian pediatric journal: vol.5 no.4 Sept. 1975
- Septic arthritis of the hip in children: The journal of Iranian medical council vol.5 No.1 March 1979.
- Bone graft: The journal of Iranian medical council Vol.7 No.3 1980
- Plaster of Paris. Journal of Tehran university Medical School. Vol. 3 No. 1 1981.
- Fracture in old people: The Journal of Iranian Medical Council. Vol. 8 No. 6 1982.
- Necrotizing fasciitis: Journal of Tehran university medical school No.3 1984.
- Fracture of epiphyseal plate. The J.Shahid Beheshti medical school. Vol. 11 No. 1 sep. 87.
- Fracture Healing (Review Article): Journal of Faculty of Medicine SHAHID BEHESHTI. vol.13: no 102, Sep. 1989 (FARSI)
- How to MANAGE Acute Injection of THE HAND: IRANIAN Journal of surgery. Vol.1 No.1 Feb. 1992 (FARSI)
- LARSEN'S SYNDROM. IRANIAN Journal of Medical Science: vol. 18 N. june 1992
- RECENT ADVANCES IN TREATMENT of open fractures part. 1 IRANIAN Journal of Surgery Feb. 1993 (FARSI)
- Recent ADVANCES in TREATMENT of open FRACTURES Part II IRANIAN JOURNAL of SURGERY. May 1993 (FARSI)
- CARPAL Tunnel Syndrome: Journal of Iranian ACACEMY of MEDICAL Sciences. Vol 1 No.1 oct. 1995 (FARSI)
- RECENT. ADVANCES in Tuberculosis of Bone Joint: Iranian Journal of SURGERY: VOL 3 No. 8 Sep. 1995 (FARSI)
- Musculoskeletal Problems in pregnancy: Journal of IRANIAN ACADEMY of MEDICAL Sciences: vol. 1 No.4 April 1996 (FARSI)
- FLAT foot DEFORMITY IN IRNA. Journal of Tehran University Medical. School. (in the process of publication)
- History of orthopedic surgery in Iran, Archive of Iranian Medicine, 2005 volume 8, no.1 70-72
- Non union of femoral head fracture, Archive of Iranian medicine, 2005 volume 8 , no.5 131-134